Though eligibility requirements may vary depending on
the lender and type of loan program, generally speaking
you are eligible to consolidate your student loans if:
- Your Federal Student Loans total at least $10,500.
- You have not previously consolidated, or left
a loan out of the consolidation or taken out a new
loan more than 180 days after the consolidation.
- You have multiple lenders or a single lender who
will release the loans.
- Note – if you are in default you must complete
a rehabilitation program before you can consolidate.
- You are currently not in school, or you are leaving
school in the next 6 months.
Eligible Loan Types can include
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford
- Federal Perkins Loans
- Federal Plus Loans
- Federal Direct Plus Loans
- Federal Supplemental Loans for Students
- Health Professions Student Loans – HPSL
- Federal Insured Student Loans – FISL
- Federal Nursing Loans – NSL
- Federal Consolidation Loans
- Federal Direct Consolidation Loans